Hi, I’m Wouter Groeneveld
And I have a deep passion to inspire others on everything that drives me. I like to think of myself as one of those polymaths or Rennaissance Men:
Renaissance man (noun) - a person with many talents or areas of knowledge.
I used to be only good at programming because I thought, as a Master in IT, you specialize instead of generalize. But the more I did with computers, the more my hands itched to do something else. So nowadays I love to go wide and pass on that enthousiasm for knowledge on any level.
Those areas of knowledge include:
- Test your stuff before writing your code! I’m a heavy Test Driven Development (TDD) fanboy and I bark at those who don’t! I teach agile software engineering on multiple occasions, ranging from colleagues to schools.
- Pair programming used as a tool to learn from each other and to improve code quality are two values I believe in.
- I hold a professional bread baker’s degree so naturally I love to think of myself as a real baker.
- My passion within baking is sourdough bread, spreading the word by organizing workshops to repopularize it’s use.
Writing and philosophizing
- A fountain pen addict and avid journaler
- This website1 is the ideal base for writing down my thoughts about virtually anything, primarly intended to amuse myself and not others.
- Starting out to learn how to use ink other than writing.
Where good ideas come from: Books
I keep an active Goodreads account where I manage everything I’ve read and want to read. I invite you to join the community there. Marking a book as read and writing a (short) review never was that satisfying…
I used to be almost exclusively a fantasy reader. Now I mostly read non-fiction on the most diverse topics, but I do have a soft spot for things like philosophy, art, mindful food and software engineering.
These are the latest 12 books I’ve read: