And out of nowhere, it suddenly was December. I’m struggling to keep up with time lately, and typing this makes me feel very old.
I’ve spotted a trend in many other blogs I read: the weekly or monthly “what happened” meta posts and blogrolls that, besides giving a quick overview of the blogger’s past few weeks, is also an excellent opportunity to share loose ends that aren’t worth it to be converted into full-fetched blog posts. I’d like to chime in for a few months. It seems good fun, and since I don’t like writing small posts that mainly quote or refer to others, this is a great way to share those links.
What happened in November 2021?
Books I’ve read
Papyrus is possibly the best—and thickest—book I’ve read this year! For December, I bought another Haruki Murakami to satisfy the crazy fiction hunger, while Carol Dweck’s Mindset, that has been collecting dust for years, will be the next non-fiction target.
Games I’ve played
- Bug Fables by Moonsprout Games (25 hours)
- Kathy Rain: Director’s Cut by Clifftop Games (5.5 hours)
- Flipping Death by Zoink (5.5 hours)
Kathy Rain was really, really good, and got me in a point & click mood. I’m trying to pick up Irony Curtain again, we gave up somewhere in Chapter 2. We’re replaying Gobliins 2 while staring at Monkey Island posters, so you know what’s coming next…
Selected blog posts
- The metaphysics of Morrowind by Kateri
- Reverse engineering the Carrot Crazy Game Boy Color game by Marcus Huderle
- Midnight Pumpkin Hooligans by Peter Rukavina
- The Tandy 1000 SX by Justin Wl.
- Spam Calls by Ruben Schade
- Coping with Loneliness by Winnie Lim
- Monkey Island Dial A Pirate Password Wheel Clock for sale on Red Bubble
- Switch Sound Output Alfred Workflow I adapted and works flawlessly
- Pixea: the Invisible MacOS Image Viewer is better than Preview, thanks Kev Quirk
Curios to see what this month will bring.